Hurricane Maria, a superior category 5 hurricane, devastated Dominica on September 18, 2017.
The following churches and chapels were severely affected :
- St. Patrick’s church at Grandbay
- Holy Trinity chapel at Bagatelle
- Epiphany chapel at Pichelin
- Holy Spirit chapel at loubiere
- Sacred heart church at La Roche
- Good Shepherd chapel in CONCORD
- Our Lady of Martyrs chapel at Mahaut River
I am creating a link named ” destroyed by hurricane MARIA 2017″
destruction of Sacred Heart chapel in LA Roche, by hurricane MARIA on September 18, 2017
SACRED HEART CHAPEL in LA ROCHE
The chapel at MAHAUT RIVER below
constructed by Fr. Jean Guéry FMI and Roy Tyson
It is difficult to present an interior picture of the MAHAUT RIVER chapel, dedicated to Our Lady, Queen of Martyrs, AS IT HAS THE SHAPE OF AN OCTAGON.
Bishop Edward GILBERT, Fr. Vanty, Fr. Jean Guéry
The chapel was Solemnly Blessed by His Lordship Bishop Edward Gilbert on February 19, 1995.
One mural has the “Our Father” in the Kalinago language.
I urge you to pay a visit and admire the beautiful murals created by local artist Faustulus .
mural at Mahaut River chapel