Hurricane Maria, a superior category 5 hurricane, devastated Dominica on September 18, 2017.
The following churches and chapels were severely affected :
- St. Patrick’s church at Grandbay
- Holy Trinity chapel at Bagatelle
- Epiphany chapel at Pichelin
- Holy Spirit chapel at loubiere
- Sacred heart church at La Roche
- Good Shepherd chapel in CONCORD
- Our Lady of Martyrs chapel at Mahaut River
- Martyrs of Uganda chapel at Upper Penville
I am creating a link named ” destroyed by hurricane MARIA 2017″
destruction of Sacred Heart chapel in LA Roche, by hurricane MARIA on September 18, 2017
SACRED HEART CHAPEL in LA ROCHE
The chapel at MAHAUT RIVER below
Upper Penville chapel
Holy Spirit chapel Loubiere design Bernard Lauwyck
One of the chapels, which has elicit a very positive reaction, is the renovated chapel in Loubiere.
It was rededicated by Bishop Gabriel Malzaire in 2003, the first year he was Bishop of Roseau.
I made the design of the front elevation or facade during a first May day holiday at my home and presented it to the congregation and Fr. Ignatius Glanville JOSEPH sometimes in 1998.
design and execution by Bernard Lauwyck
As The Holy Spirit community in Loubiere is about to start their novena, here are a few photographs
of the beautiful interior of their chapel.